Training & Education
Many educational resources for Linux and Open Source Software already exist on the Internet, but they are not always easy to find or understand. Computerisms provides a friendly and helpful educational resource for individuals and organizations.
If you are not happy with your new Windows 8/10 computer, now is the time to discover how easy it is to switch to Ubuntu. Computerisms can teach you the basics of computer usage, essential office skills, and what you need to know to remain integrated with the Internet. Courses are taught as short modules, so you can choose just the ones you want. Or take them all and receive a text book and a discount, and end your course with Ubuntu installed on your own personal machine.
- Learn what is different about Ubuntu and why you want to use it
- Customize your computer to work the way you want it to
- Find what you need and learn to use the built-in Help functions
- Work with documents and images
- Integrate with Social Media
- Setup printers, cameras and USB drives
- Basic to Advanced course Available
Libre Office / Open Office
From creating basic documents to using advanced spreadsheets, Libre Office provides an extremely cost effective alternative to Microsoft Office that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Learn how to use this alternative software productively while remaining integrated with those who do not.